Objective and Scope
NewsWeek.com (न्यूज वीक) “Mumbai Media Network” values the trust placed in us by our users and therefore, we follow the highest standards of privacy guidelines to protect the information shared by you with us.
By using NewsWeek.com (न्यूज वीक) (for example, when you register for an account, purchase a service, enter a contest or promotions, communicate with us, on our sites or applications), you agree to provide consent to our collection, use and sharing of your personal information as described in this policy. In some cases, particularly if you reside in a country governed by a data protection regulation, we may ask you to provide explicit consent to access our services before proceeding for further operations.
Collection and Use of Personal Information
‘Personal Information’ or ‘PII’ is defined as any information that identifies (whether directly or indirectly) to a particular individual or natural person, such as the individual’s name, postal address, email address, and mobile number indicating to that particular person or is identifiable. When anonymous information is directly or indirectly associated with personal information, the resulting information also is treated as personal information.
Information you provide to us
We may ask for and collect the following personal information about you when you use the NewsWeek.com (न्यूज वीक) and without this information we may not be able to provide you with all the requested services;
- First and Last Name
- Email id
- Primary Phone No.
- City & State
Information we collect automatically:-
We collect information about you and your use of our service, your interactions with us and our advertising, as well as information regarding your computer or other device used to access our service. The information includes:
- Your interactions with our email, customer care and messaging platform.
- Geo-location information like IP addresses,
Information We Collect Through Third Parties
Third party services
If you link, connect or login through you the NewsWeek.com (न्यूज वीक) account with a third party service i.e. Google, Facebook and Twitter they may send us information such as your registration and profile information from the service.
Purposes and Lawfulness of Processing
We will only collect and process personal data about you where we have lawful basis. Lawful basis on which we would process our personal information includes obtaining explicit consent from you for processing your personal information or processing for “legitimate interests” where processing is necessary by us to provide you with customer support or process your data for providing premium services (For e.g. processing your information by our payment gateway service providers).
We use information to provide, analyze, administer, enhance and personalize our service and marketing efforts, to process your registration, your orders, payments, and to communicate with you related to below mentioned points. For example, we use information to:
- prevent, detect and investigate potentially prohibited or illegal activities, including fraud, and enforcing our terms (such as determining free trial eligibility);
- communicate with you concerning our service (for example by email, push notifications text messaging, and online messaging channels), so that we can send you news about NewsWeek.com (न्यूज वीक), details about new features and content available on the NewsWeek.com (न्यूज वीक), and special offers, promotional announcements, and consumer surveys, and to assist you with operational requests such as password reset requests.
- Notify you about changes in terms of service.
- Allow you to participate in interactive features offered through our Services.
- Carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing, chargeback and collection.
- We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third-party services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please provide explicit consent for the same when we collect your data and/or adjust your user preferences in your account profile concerning your choices/preferences provided.
Disclosure to Third Parties
We do not share your personal information with Companies, organizations, or individuals outside of NewsWeek.com (न्यूज वीक), except in the following cases:
We’ll share or disclose your personal information outside of NewsWeek.com (न्यूज वीक), when we have your consent. For example, providing E-mail related services such as marketing newsletters, promotions and offers.
In the event of any requirement by court order, government or quasi-government agency to disclose Your Personal Information, We will disclose information as may be legally required. We may also disclose Your Personal Information if we, in the good faith believe that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to respond to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process.
In the event NewsWeek.com (न्यूज वीक), is merged with or acquired by another company, we and our affiliates may share your personal information, wholly or in part, with another business entity.
Your Controls and Choices
We provide you the ability to exercise certain controls and choices regarding our collection, use and sharing of your personal information. In accordance with applicable law, your controls and choices may include:
Managing Your Information
You can access and update some of your personal information through your account settings. If you have chosen to connect your NewsWeek.com account to a third-party application, like Facebook, Google or Twitter, you can change your settings and remove permission for the app by changing your account settings. You are responsible for keeping your personal information up-to-date. The NewsWeek.com (न्यूज वीक), will send you periodic reminders via e-mail to maintain the accuracy of your personal information.
Rectification of Inaccurate or Incomplete Information
You can ask us to correct inaccurate or incomplete personal information concerning you (this is the information which you cannot update yourself within your NewsWeek.com (न्यूज वीक), account) by sending us an e-mail
Data Retention and Erasure
- We retain your personal information as long as necessary for the performance of the contract between you and us to comply with our legal obligations. If you no longer want us to use your information then you can request that we erase your personal information and close your NewsWeek.com (न्यूज वीक), account. Please note that if your request for the erasure of your personal information;
- We may retain some of your personal information as necessary for our legitimate business interests, such as fraud detection and prevention and enhancing safety. For example, if we suspend a NewsWeek.com (न्यूज वीक), account for fraud or safety reasons, we may retain certain information from that account to prevent that user from opening a new account in the future.
- We may retain and use your personal information to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations. For example, we may keep some of your information for tax, legal reporting and auditing obligations.
- Because we maintain copies of the NewsWeek.com (न्यूज वीक ), to protect from accidental or malicious loss and destruction, residual copies of your personal information may not be removed from our backup systems for a limited period of time.
Withdrawing Consent and Restriction of Processing
For withdrawing your consent at any time during the tenure of your services with us, you may choose to do so by sending us an e-mail. We shall review your request and may ask you to verify your identity. Post verification we will withdraw the consent for which request was made by you and stop any further processing of your personal information
Objection to Processing
Where your personal information is processed for direct marketing purposes, you may, at any time ask us to cease processing your data for these direct marketing purposes by sending an e-mail to us.
You can write to our data protection officer in case of any grievance or compliant. You have the right to complain about the data processing activities carried out by NewsWeek.com (न्यूज वीक), before the competent data protection authorities.
Please be aware that if you do not allow us to collect personal information from you, we may not be able to deliver certain experiences, products, and services to you, and some of our services may not be able to take account of your interests and preferences. If collection of personal information is mandatory, we will make that clear at the point of collection so that you can make an informed decision whether to participate. If you have questions about the specific personal information about you that we process or retain, and your rights regarding that personal information, please contact our customer support team
NewsWeek.com (न्यूज वीक), is not intentionally designed for or directed at persons less than 16 years of age. NewsWeek.com (न्यूज वीक), does not knowingly permit any person who is under 16 years of age to register with the services or to provide any other personally identifying information. If NewsWeek.com (न्यूज वीक), becomes aware that any personally identifiable information of persons less than 16 years of age has been collected on the NewsWeek.com (न्यूज वीक), without verified parental consent, then NewsWeek.com (न्यूज वीक), will take the appropriate steps to delete any such information and notify the parent.
However, we consider it the responsibility of parents to monitor their children’s use of our services. Nevertheless, it is our policy not to collect and process any personal information from children below 16 years of age or offer to send any promotional materials to persons in that category.
NewsWeek.com (न्यूज वीक), does not seek or intend to seek or receive any personal information from children. Should a parent or guardian have reasons to believe that a minor has provided NewsWeek.com (न्यूज वीक), with personal information without their prior consent, please contact our customer support team to ensure that the personal information is removed from the NewsWeek.com (न्यूज वीक).
Data Transfer, Storage & Processing Globally
All required information is service dependent and NewsWeek.com may use the above said User information to, maintain, protect, and improve its services (including advertising services) and for developing new services
Such information will not be considered as sensitive if it is freely available and accessible in the public domain or is furnished under the Right to Information Act, 2005 or any other law for the time being in force.
Security and compliance with laws
We are continuously implementing and updating administrative, technical, and physical security measures to help protect your information against unauthorized access, loss, destruction, or alteration. Some of the safeguards we use to protect your information are firewalls and data encryption, and information access controls. If you know or have reason to believe that your NewsWeek.com (न्यूज वीक), account credentials have been lost, stolen, altered, or otherwise compromised or in case of any actual or suspected unauthorized use of your account, please contact us by contacting our customer support team.
Change in Policy
Data & Privacy Related Contact Information
2.Data Controller Officer
If you have any queries, complaints regarding the collecting, processing, transfer of personal data/information or regarding this policy please contact us at data@NewsWeek.com.